February 26 - February 27
Location: Comfort Inn & Conference Center Victoria
The main objective of this 2-day course is to introduce the commands, functions, and capabilities of Microsoft Project. It is designed for computer us
Comfort Inn & Conference Center Victoria
Address: 3020 Blanshard Street, Victoria, BC, V8T 5C7
Time: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Website: View Website
The main objective of this 2-day course is to introduce the commands, functions, and capabilities of Microsoft Project. It is designed for computer users who are new to Microsoft Project who want to gain a thorough understanding of one of the world’s most popular project management software packages.
The following list summarizes skills that participants will be comfortable with after this course.
• Understanding Views, Screen Tips, Ribbon, and the Quick Access toolbar;
• Create, edit and outline a task list, establish dependencies by linking tasks
• Add and assign resources, work with project calendars, and enter project costs
• Print project information and customize reports
• Apply task type settings, set task constraints
• Apply preset and custom contours, edit resource assignments and set and modify a baseline
• Track and report on an active project and compare to baseline
• Sort, filter, and group views
• Format views and the Gantt chart
• Customize Microsoft project elements including tables, views, and reports
• Use sample templates, create custom templates, and use the organizer to manage project elements
• Display progress lines, apply earned value tables, and conduct pert analysis
• Create master projects, insert and work with subprojects, and create links to external tasks
• Running multiple projects with a common resource pool
This hands-on course is taught by a certified Microsoft Master Instructor. Participants will receive authorized Microsoft manuals and Microsoft approved practice exercises.
All participants will be provided with laptops.